Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How to Send Music to Your Phone Via Bluetooth

I have a lot of great tunes on CD's and downloaded to my computer in mp3 format. Now I want to take them with me. I'm going to send them to my cell phone. I have the LG ENV touch screen phone with full keyboard, but this will work for just about any phone. My next phone will have mp3 player sound on it. This particular phone isn't very loud for playing my tunes. This is not something I knew about when phone shopping. The easiest way for me to send music and pictures to my phone is through my Dongle Bluetooth adapter for my computer. I picked one up from Amazon.com. The adapters sell for under $1, but you have to pay about $5 in shipping. I recommend getting several at a time and sharing with some friends. It almost justifies the shipping cost. When you get the adapter, it doesn't come with any software. You have to go to the website printed on the package and download the driver. The one printed on my package is: http:driverdownload168.com.

Step 1
Once you install the driver, open the program and pair it with your phone. Usually this means just entering the same numbers on both your computer and phone. You only have to do this once, so the numbers don't really matter, the only thing that matters is that they are the same on both. To be able to do this, both the computer and phone have to have the bluetooth on and in discovery mode.

Step 2
In the program on your computer, you should be able to see your phone. Click on your phone and a few of the icons are lit up. Choose the File Transfer Service. This pops up another window. It looks like a spreadsheet.

Step 3
Find your music or pictures on your computer. You will need to open the folder you stored them in. Next, select the tune or pic you want to send to your phone. Right click on the tune, and choose "copy."

Step 4
Navigate to your open file transfer window. Then right click in the window and choose, "paste." You should see the green bars at the bottom of the file transfer window and a % complete. Your phone will say something like "receiving file."

Step 5
Once the file transfer is complete, you should be able to see the tune or pic on your phone. Open it and make sure it worked. If it didn't work, try again. Make sure the you can open the tune or picture on your computer before you send it to your phone. If you get an "access denied" error when you try to paste to your file transfer service, make sure you have paired the phone with your computer. Also make sure your phone's Bluetooth is on. You are done. Send as many as your phone or memory card will hold.

If you are using Windows XP operating system, you may also be able to send the file by right clicking on it and choosing "send to." The options that pop up include Bluetooth. If your computer recognizes your Bluetooth device, you can just send your file this way. I use Windows Vista, and it doesn't recognize this Bluetooth adapter. I use the above steps and they work perfectly. Enjoy your tunes and pictures on your phone anytime!

No comments:

Post a Comment