Tuesday, December 28, 2010

How to Put Pictures on Your Digital Photo Frame

I have a parrot digital photo frame. The frame said it will store 300 pictures in it's memory. Not true. I really only got about 50. I recommend a memory card. I have a 2GB memory card that I was using in my digital camera and can get at least 1,000 pictures on it. To work the frame you have to figure out that the center circle button and the two arrow buttons on either side of it are the only way to navigate on the frame itself. This frame said you can send pictures by either Bluetooth or USB cable. I tried the Bluetooth method first. The frame wouldn't pair with my computer. Total bust there. I don't recommend it. To send photos to the frame, use the USB cable. You also have to have the frame plugged into an outlet to get it to turn on. Every time you unplug the power supply, the clock loses the time you program. So, to send the pictures, first find the pictures on your computer. They have to be stored in either JPEG or GIF format to work. Convert them to one of these first, if they are not already in this format. Now edit all of your pictures to the size and style you want. If you have your frame in portrait or landscape viewing, you should rotate any pictures you want to send before you send them. Once you find your folder with the pictures, then open the folder you plugged your USB cable into. Usually you go to your "Computer" option and choose the removable drive. Now you can send the pictures two ways. You can "drag and drop" the pictures into the removable drive folder, or you can select all the pictures at once and "copy and paste" them.
I actually used a little harder method, but it worked better. I put the memory card into my digital camera, and opened the folder on my computer. I rotated all my pictures first and then sent them to my camera. Then, I took the memory card out of the camera, and put it in the photo frame. All the pictures showed up just fine. The camera didn't recognize the pictures, but the frame found all of them.
Now, to look at all my great pictures. Open the menu on the photo frame. I first edited the time, then I went to the settings option. The first thing I did was set the standby mode to "predefined time." I set the time of day that I wanted the frame to start and stop showing my pictures. Then I went to the slideshow option. I set the option to "random." You can choose how you want your pictures to fade to each other, but I think a random method looks the best. I really didn't want all of them to fade the same way. You can also choose how long you want each picture to stay on the frame before it goes to the next one. I chose 10 seconds. It seems really short, but when you are watching the frame, it's really just right. The next option is 30 seconds, and if you are going to watch your frame like a television, 30 seconds is way too long. Exit all of your modes and enjoy the great pictures you took!

No comments:

Post a Comment