Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Online Work From Home Scams

Work from home. Make $5,000 a month using Google. Secrets to your website success. Sound familiar? Catch phrases are always what draws us in, but is there any substance behind it? Who wouldn't like to have extra cash or even replace thier income by just staying home and working in their pajamas? Today's economy sucks, and as far as I can tell, nothing is going to save us any time soon. Just paying all the monthly bills and maybe having something left to eat on is getting impossible. I was/still am looking for an easy way to make a little extra income. Get rich quick scams never work. So, how is an average mom, like me, who's willing to put in the work to get the results supposed to figure all of it out? I started looking online for some way to make extra money from home. So, free trials sound pretty good, right? I decided to try a few. After signing up and entering all of my personal info, I started to get phone calls. Monthly fees are going to apply for all your services (ie. web hosting, an auto responder, fees to accept credit cards, etc.). The first guy was just separating the "serious from the curious." I was extreemly skeptical, so, I was just "curious." The second guy got a little farther, this time I was "serious." After going through two phone interviews, my husband had to get on the line with me to prove how supportive he was going to be. The "senior salesguy" talked with my husband and me for 2 hours. We had made it through the interview process, and we were going to be a "good fit" with their company. The deal was that I was going to get my own website for sales, and an aution site on e-bay. They have an "exclusive" deal with e-bay. All we had to do was invest a minimum $4,ooo, or we could invest more to make a "bigger" success. At the end of the interview, my husband told the guy that we needed at least a day or two to make a final decision. Clearly, this was the wrong thing to say. This guy told us that if we couldn't give him an immediate investment of $4,000, he would have to reject us as customers. After some choice words that can't be repeated here, my husband said thank you and ended up hanging up on the guy. If someone doesn't believe in their product enough to wait a day or two for someone to invest a decent chunk of change., then it probably is a scam, and they can just go ahead and offer this deal to the next person waiting in the wings. My husband works for himself. He knows that he has a quality product, and if someone wants to wait to make a decision before buying what he sells (mostly hedge posts and firewood in case your wondering) then he has no problem with that. He fully expects poeple to do their research and inspect the product before they buy. At first, I thought that I just missed my only oppertunity to make money online, but after calming down a litte, I realized that he just saved us $4,000 that we would never be able to repay (at least for a couple of years). Now, I am so grateful! I still haven't found any way to make enough money to work in my pj's, but scams are not worth it! If anyone can make money online, then why are they a telemarketer instead of doing it themselves? I'm not opposed to more phone calls or ideas of how to make a successful business (one that lets me sleep at night because I know its honest), but these scams are a real deterrant. So, just remember to trust your gut (or your husband) if it sound too good to be true, IT IS! Don't just hand over your hard earned money. If you worked hard for it, make them work for it too. If you get a call like this -HANG UP!

No comments:

Post a Comment